The Cannon AFB Aero Club is the newest Aero Club in 30 years! Earn a pilot's license, become a flight instructor or put your mechanic skills to use as a technician!
Come Join Us!
Monday - Friday
7:30 AM - 3:00 PM
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
FLYING HOURS OF OPERATION
24/7 as scheduled by appointment.
Where To Find Us!
Cannon AFB, NM 88103
Find out if you would be interested in earning your pilot's license with a quick first flight lesson! Approx. 30 minute flight. Reservation Required.
The Air Force Cool Program is a pathway for enlisted members to earn industry recognized certifications and licenses.
AF COOL allows enlisted Airmen an available fund of $4,500, a one-time spend while active duty. With the Aero Club, this pays for:
- Study materials and books up to $500
- Flight instructor and simulator time
- Student flight time + Check ride
- Ground school + Written exam
- Membership Fee: One-time Initiation Fee $50.00
- Membership Dues: Monthly $35.00, Annually $385.00
- Available Aircraft: $150.00 per hour (wet)
- Instruction (Hourly Rate): Flight Instructor $40.00 & Ground Instructor $30.00
- Ground School Kits: Private Pilot $430.00
- All Branches of Service
- Active Duty
- Active Reserve
- Retired Military/ DoD Civilians
- Advanced ROTC
- National Guard
- Civil Air Patrol
- Contract Personnel
- DoD Employees
- FAA Employees
- Federal Employees