The excerpt, Passport/Visa process, was released from the Department of the Army to all DoD Passport Agents. Although directed to Passport agencies, it contains important passport and visa information for all members involved in the deployment process.
All active duty military members are required to go through their Unit Deployment Manager (UDM) for Official Passports. UDMs will brief active duty members on how to obtain an Official Passport and are required to review and initial the Passport Application Packet before submission to the Passport Agent.
Active duty military members with dependents PCS’ing to a destination requiring a No-Fee Official Passport should contact the Passport Agent for guidance on obtaining a No-Fee Official Passport.
Passport/Visa Agents can be reached by calling:
• (575) 784-6332 or DSN 681-6332
• (575) 784-4960 or DSN 681-4960
Anyone requesting a passport must be a U.S. Citizen.
The Federal Government pays for both the Official Passport and No-fee Official Passport.
• Average processing time is 4-6 weeks
• The state of Texas, California and Georgia do not allow extracts (must be the original full length version)
• All applicants (including children) must appear in person
• Original Birth Certificates are mandatory if submitted as proof
• Application (DS11 or DS82) must be printed Single Sided
• If both biological parents are not present to apply for a child under 16, parent must provide notarized parental consent form (DS-3053) with photo ID, or court document reflecting sole custody
• Photos cannot be more than six months old
MPS Customer Service Office: Passports & Visa
110 E Alison Ave
Cannon AFB, NM 88103
Please call ahead to ensure an agent is available.