The 27th Special Operations Force Support Squadron provides the 27th Special Operations Wing essential personnel services for its Airmen, appropriated fund civilians,non-appropriated fund civilians, family members and contractors. The squadron's mission is to also enhance readiness by providing worldwide combat support and community services for the wing.
The 27 SOFSS provides support to the mission in many ways but overall it encompasses family and single Airmen programs, community support and quality of life. The Force Support Squadron structure is intended to streamline processes, maximize customer service and reduce costs by maintaining one organization.
The 27 SOFSS includes five flights which combine similar functional areas that already work closely together:
• Force Development – Education, training, professional development and professional military education
• Manpower and Personnel – Manpower, civilian personnel, military personnel and non-appropriated fund employees
• Airmen and Family Services – Airman & Family Readiness Center, Child Development Center, Family Child Care and Youth Programs
• Sustainment Services – Food operations, Landing Zone, Drop Zone, Caprock Inn and Fitness & Sports Center
• Community Services – Whispering Winds Golf Course, Outdoor Recreation, Cannon Lanes, Community Center and Auto Skills Center